GUYS! Thank you so much for all of the blog love so far. In our first 24 hours, we got over 100 hits from 8 different countries! THAT IS INSANE!!! I’m so happy you are all enjoying it so far! So, for our next adventure, I bring to you: FRIDAY FAVORITES!!!
Friday Favorites is going to be a bunch of my most favorite things that I’ve come across or have happened in the past week. Pretty simple! I think it’s really important to focus on the positives, and this is a great way to keep in mind all the good things that we experience! No matter how big or small! So, let’s get started!
THIS HAPPENED LAST FRIDAY!
THEN THIS HAPPENED YESTERDAY!!!
1. If you didn’t pick up on it, I am a huge Lady Gaga fan. I look up to her and all that she stands for in the name of self acceptance and love, as well as I thoroughly enjoy her music. I may or may not know every single lyric to every single Gaga song… Don’t judge me.
I was so excited when she released her first pop single in over 3 years!!! I thought Perfect Illusion was so different for her and I really loved it. I find the song relatable and catchy. I also ADORE the album cover and title. I think that not only is the picture absolutely stunning, but I think the whole thing is a beautiful tribute to Gaga’s late aunt, Joanne. I can’t wait for the whole album!
2. It was a great week for music, because I got the chance to watch the new Sia video and it is absolutely incredible. The song is called “The Greatest” and the video is an emotional tribute to the lives lost during the Orlando Pulse Nightclub shooting. If you haven’t seen it yet, head over to youtube now with a box of tissues at the ready.
Can I get a collective, fangirl “OMG!!!!!!”
3. American Horror Story came BACK with an all new Season 6 on Thursday. I won’t post any spoilers right now, but it appears that my TWO favorite cast members are back and I was living!!! I thought it was an amazing first episode and I literally cannot wait till next week! I think it has potential to be one of the best seasons yet, so we will see!
The Roast of Rob Lowe turned to The Roast of Ann Coulter: Dreams do come true.
4. So, I finally got caught up on my DVR tonight and watched what was supposed to be The Roast of Rob Lowe. After only minutes in, it was very clear, and very much to my pleasure, that things took a drastic turn towards Ann Coulter. She is literally the worst person on the planet, and I’m convinced she came here from the very deepest depths of hell. If you enjoy a entire group of people taking digs at one of the biggest bigots to ever waste the oxygen here on this earth, I recommend watching it. It is hysterical. And I feel like what Jewel said resonated with me best:
5. Okay, so have you ever wanted the skin of a soft, majestic unicorn? But needed to do so on a budget? I came across THESE magic face blankets recently:
These are great if you need something quick and inexpensive for your skin routine. My skin can get super oily but very easily irritated, and these do just the trick. This brand has a whole line for different skin types, so I highly recommend checking them out. I picked up the face wash that goes with this line for the wipes as well. I really love my results from that too!
6. Silver Linings Playbook is by far my most favorite movie on the planet. However, I just finished the book because I’d never read it before. It was just as, if not more, amazing than the actual movie. It’s a book filled with so many real life lessons. It is really funny, too. I definitely needed the kind of pick me up this book gives this week. If you guys are looking for a really good new read, this is a book recommendation for you! If you read it, or if you have read it, let me know what you think!
And that concludes what were a few of my favorite things from this past week! If you check out anything listed above or if you have your own opinion on it, let me know! See you again next Friday for another round of favorites!
Enjoy the weekend, everyone! xx Kara