You did it!!! I did it!!! We made it through the week! If a zombie apocalypse were happening, I’d totally want you on my team. Because we’d be Team Surviving, obviously. If we made it through this week, was can basically do anything. So it’s Friday, and it’s time for another round of some of my favorite things I’ve come across this week! There were so may things that made me smile, and I feel like I’ve chosen some of the best to share with you. Shall we?
IT IS OFFICIALLY FALL!!!!!!!
1. It’s that time of year everything gets cold and starts dying, just like my soul! Kidding. I’m kidding. Fall is my absolute favorite season. In Ohio, it is the perfect mixture of not too hot and not too cold. I love it when the leaves change and I can order myself a pumpkin flavored anything. Halloween is one of the greatest holidays, in my humble opinion. Fall means sweater weather, corn mazes, pumpkin carving, bonfires, and other awesome fall time adventures. It’s the beginning of fun times, my friends.
Say it with me: “YAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!”
2. I FINALLY got to catch up on RuPaul’s Drag Race All-Stars. This is the second season for All-Stars and it is LIT. The shade is shadier and the queens are as fabulous as ever. My personal favorites are Alaska and Kayta. And, like most, I sure could do without PhiPhi. This season totally threw me off because instead of RuPaul making the “final decision”, the top two queens of the week have to lip sync for their legacy, and the winner chooses who goes home. It definitely has made for an interesting and drama filled season! I won’t give out any spoilers but if you haven’t been watching, now is the time to catch up.
YAY Tyler and Ellen!!!
3. Tyler Oakley and Ellen announced this week that Tyler will have his very own show on Ellentube!!! With these two hilarious people, this show is bound to be absolutely brilliant. I mean, Tyler got to kiss Celine Dion on his first episode, so I would say things are going pretty well so far. If you want to laugh and keep up with some quality pop culture, this is the way to do it. I’m so excited to keep tuning in!
THIS FANTASTIC, AMAZING, MAJESTIC, TALENT, GORGEOUS SPECIMEN FINALLY WON HER FIRST EMMY!!!!
4. Sarah Paulson, flaw-free human, won her first Emmy and I could not have been happier. She won it for her role as Marcia Clark in American Crime Story. And guess who she brought with her to the award show? Marcia Clark. And it was honestly the best thing ever. For those of you who don’t know (or who maybe live under a rock), Marcia Clark was ridiculed by press endlessly during the trail of OJ Simpson. She was the head prosecutor in the murder trial. Sarah addressed this in the most beautiful was in her acceptance speech:
“The responsibility of playing a real person is an enormous one. You want to get it right, not for you but for them. And the more I learned about the real Marcia Clark, not the two-dimensional cardboard cutout I saw on the news but the complicated, whip-smart, giant-hearted mother of two who woke up every day, put both feet on the floor and dedicated herself to righting an unconscionable wrong, the loss of two innocents—Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown—the more I had to recognize that I, along with the rest of the world, had been superficial and careless in my judgment. I’m glad to be able to stand here today in front of everyone and tell you I’m sorry.”
The world owed Marcia an apology, and I felt like this was such a gracious way for Sarah to convey a bit of that to her. Sarah also gave a shout out to her girlfriend, Holland Taylor, who had been live tweeting the show from NYC. It was adorable, and I high key would like them to be Hollywood’s new power couple. After Brangelina, WE MUST PROTECT SARAH AND HOLLAND AT ALL COSTS.
5. AT LAST, we got the patronus test on pottermore!!! J.K Rowling wrote and finalized the test herself. I was so excited about this when I saw it, I literally took it at 7:30 this morning. Coming from someone who refuses to acknowledge the day until at least 9:30, that is a pretty big feat. Can you guess what my patronus is? And have you taken the test yet? If not, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!?! Let me know what you guys got, and see if you can guess mine!!!
It has been such a fun week, and these things were definitely at the top of my favorites list. I hope you came across lots of things that made you smile this week as well! Keep on keepin’ on, my friends! If you have any suggestions as to something you think should be on next weeks Friday Favorites, let me know! Have a fun and safe weekend, and remember, don’t get yourself into any shenanigans that I wouldn’t get myself into…. haha!
Make good choices!!!